We’ve all done it – used our busy lifestyles to justify a coffee for breakfast, skipping meals, or grabbing for that processed snack in hopes for some kind of afternoon energy burst. You may be raising children, with little time to devote to yourself. Or your job may be keeping you busy throughout the entire day, with little time for lunch or snacks. Whatever the case, always remember that even the littlest of change can make a big difference, especially when it comes to snacking.
To me, Nutrition on the Go means everything from proper hydration, preparing healthy snacks to get you through the day, or quick and easy breakfast ideas for those mornings you’ve slept through the alarm. But for this post, let’s talk snacks.
Why dedicate a post just to snacking? Well for one, healthy snacking can do more than curb cravings and increase energy, it can even save you a little money and reduce waste. And two, sometimes we just need to be reminded of the basics of nutrition and believe this starts with quick and easy ideas that everyone can try.
Healthy snack ideas, to name a few:
- Pear slices and raw walnuts
- Green Juice
- That go-to smoothie
- Dried Apricots (organic, unsulphured)
- Applesauce and cinnamon
- Homemade dips such as hummus, guacamole, or with rice crackers or veggies.
- Multigrain rice cakes with honey and nut butters
- Celery with nut butters (almond, pumpkin, walnut)
- Homemade trail mix or roasted nuts
- Organic Popcorn with melted coconut oil, sea salt and nutritional yeast
- 1/2 mashed avocado on toasted dark rye
- Spelt or gluten-free pancakes with almond butter
Have a great week!