There is something special about making a cake for one, when you’re in the mood for something sweet and comforting but don’t want it to come at a big caloric expense, try making an individual sized treat!
Most mug cakes are full of sugar, oil and flour or even made with just protein powder making the mug cake taste rubbery; but not this one. Don’t get me wrong if your prefer to up your protein content you could swap out the cocoa powder for chocolate protein powder and should get similar taste.
This mini cake cooks in less than two minutes and is made with simple ingredients you likely have in your own cupboard. The recipe is dairy free and can easily be gluten free if you use gluten free oats.
50 g egg whites
50 g banana (or half a banana)
5 g coconut flour
5 g cocoa powder (1 tbsp)
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/4 cups of quick cooking oats- Gluten free if necessary.
1. Place all ingredients into a bowl or food processor if you have one. I often use a hand blender since it is small batch.
2. Blend all ingredients until the oats looks like they are ground up.
3. Spray bowl or mug with some cooking oil and pour batter into mug/bowl.
4. Microwave for 1:30, depending on your microwave settings.
5. Remove mug from microwave; be careful the mug will be hot!
6. Enjoy with preferred toppings.
Calories per cake: 200
Carbs: 36 g
Protein : 11 g
Fat: 4 g
Check out some of my other concoctions by following me on Instagram.